Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why I’m still a vírgin at 25 – Nollywood actress, Annabella Zwyndila

 




When Annabel Zwyndila broke into Nollywood with Samantha, it took only six months for her to become a screen diva. In no time, she duly earned herself the ‘fast-rising actress’ tag. The Adamawa State-born actress has continued to carve a niche for herself in the competitive world of Nigeria’s tinsel town, dazzling home video viewers endlessly with her scintillating performances.
Nevertheless, the screen siren is not resting on her oars: “I still have a long way to go. My eyes have always been on the top because I dream big. I believe I have the potentials to storm Hollywood and act with the best in the industry,” she declares.
During a recent interview with James Emmanuel, the Samantha actress who came 5th in AMBO 3 shares the story of her rise to stardom. She also unveils her love story: “Forget about what we act. I live a very decent life… I’m even still a virgin. Though I used to have a boy friend but we agreed on a clean relationship, relationship without sex. We dated without having sex.”
Leaving AMBO with 5th position did not dampen the spirit of the elegant looking talent, as she has within a year featured in many hit flicks including ‘Common Ground’, ‘Twisted Union’, ‘Beauty’, ‘Painful Sin’, ‘Motive for Murder’, among others.

Aside giving the lowdown about her past and present, the Masters degree holder in Human Resources Management from the London Metropolitan University also talks about other issues of interest, including how and why she has preserved her ‘womanhood’ in the face of dire amoral advances from all angles.
Give us a brief insight about yourself
My name is Annabella Zwyndila and I hail from Adamawa State. I am a graduate of Physics from the University of Jos and I also hold a Masters degree in Human Resources Management from the London Metropolitan University. I am an actress and I was in the Amstel Malta box office (AMBO 3) reality TV show.
For how long have you been acting?
I started acting professionally about a year ago with the movie titled Samantha which was produced by Jonah Jackson.
Was Samantha the movie that brought you to limelight?
Though Samantha brought me fame but I had been in the spotlight since 2007 when I took part in the Amstel Malta Ambo.
So tell us how you ventured into acting; did you stumble into it or you had a passion for it from Childhood?
I would say it’s just God that directed my foot into the entertainment industry because I never thought I was going to be an entertainer. Though I used to entertain my siblings in the house but I never thought I would go professional with acting.
How were you able to secure a lead role in Samantha?
I went for an audition just like every other person did and at the end, after a rigorous screening, I was chosen for the role. During the auditioning, I understood that they were looking at mannerism, diction, comportment, ability to interpret the role very well, among others. Even though I don’t have the character of Samantha in real life, I was able to interpret the role.
What happened after your challenging lead role in Samantha?
Samantha really opened a lot of doors for me because more jobs started coming immediately after it. Movie jobs like- Common Ground, Twisted Union, Beauty, Painful Sin, Motive for Murder and others came immediately after I starred in Samantha. Common Ground was an inter-religious advocacy project movie with the Niger State Government.
Was Samantha, the character you acted not supposed to be a beautiful girl?
(Laughter) Are my not beautiful? Yes, Samantha supposed to be a very beautiful lady and I think I also got the beauty!
As a fast rising actress, how far can you go to remain relevant in the movie industry?
I will continue doing the best I can do as an actress, increase my faith in God, and keep on learning and working on my talents…especially my diction because I believe once you are a good actress jobs will definitely come your way.
What is the unique thing about you that would make producers prefer you to someone else?
It’s my ability to interpret my roles flawlessly and effortlessly most times. There is always this God’s given expressions on my face that indicates when I’m sad, happy, or when I feel disappointed, etc. So must times I don’t find roles difficult to interpret because of this God given natures in me.
Who and who do you look up to in the industry as your role models?
We have lots of great actors and actresses in the industry but I won’t say I am looking up to anybody; I am only looking up to God. Everyone has something good…all I do is to pick anything good from anyone of them and move on.
What are your challenges as a rising actress?
I don’t have any challenge because things have been working out for me. I have supports from my parents, loved ones, friends, and I have all it takes to be a good actress; so there has not been any challenge. Though I understand that scandal might along the way come but as for now there has not been any challenge.
How have you been handling amoral advances from some of the producers with extreme appetite for sex?
Men are always men…it’s not only in Nollywood. You find men who want to lure to bed those they work with in every sector. It’s just like that everywhere; though we have it more in the entertainment industry.

No comments:

CLICK BANNER FOR DETAILS